|Fattoush: Lebanese Bread Salad ||
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing on the bread
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac powder, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 red onions
- 4 radishes
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- Arabic flat bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To make the dressing: Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, diced garlic, sumac and salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the salad: Brush both sides of the bread lightly with olive oil and cut into bite sized pieces. Spread on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake 10 minutes, or until brown and crispy, turning half way through.
- While the bread toasts, cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces and seed the pomegranate.
- To assemble the salad: toss the vegetables, pomegranate seeds, and bread pieces with the dressing. Serve with additional sumac if desired.
The bread I used was Kubus, but pitas bread can be used as well.
Recipe by Mom de Cuisine at http://momdecuisine.net/2012/10/19/fattoush-lebanese-bread-salad/