|Thai Pork Tacos with Peanut-Cabbage Slaw ||
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1lb Lean ground pork
- 1 red onion, finely diced and divided
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste (more or less depending on your heat preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- A few dashes of sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3-4 radishes cut into match sticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Tortillas and Lime wedges to serve
- To make the pork: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions. Sautee for 2 minutes, or until they start to soften. Add the ground pork, and cook until browned, about 10 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up into pieces. Add the curry paste, ground ginger, half the fish sauce, half the soy sauce and toss until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To make the slaw: Make the dressing by combining the remaining fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil, and brown sugar. Allow the mixture to sit at least 10 minutes for the flavors to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings. Mix together the cabbage, carrot, green onion, radish, and cilantro. Toss the dressing and add the peanuts last.
- To serve: warm tortillas and place a few table spoons of the pork and the slaw in each tortilla.
The dressing can be made up to three days a head of time, but the slaw should not be tossed with it until just before serving.
Recipe by Mom de Cuisine at http://momdecuisine.net/2012/08/22/thai-pork-tacos-with-cabbage-peanut-slaw/