Hi, I’m Alyssa and I’m a secret hoarder.
Not really like the, I have 352 cat in my house and I’m thinking of adopting another sort. More like the I have a really hard time throwing away leftovers and other small things sort.
I mean, who knows when I may need that issue of Good Housekeeping from 5 years ago or that belt that I haven’t worn in years but might look cute with just the right outfit.
This recipe is a hoarder’s justification: I still had a little bit of chive aioli from my salmon wraps that I just couldn’t throw out; and since I had planned to throw some stuff on the grill, I thought I’d put it toward good use it in a potato salad. See, it’s good to hang on to stuff…you never know when you’ll need it again!
|Chorizo, Habanero and Chive Potato Salad||
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 1 link chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 small habanero pepper, diced and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chive aioli
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Heavily salt the water and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the potatoes until they are just fork tender. Drain the water and cool them.
- While the potatoes cook, sauté the diced chorizo and habanero over medium high heat until the chorizo browns, about 2-4 minutes. Remove the chorizo mixture to a paper towel to drain and cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the aioli, onion, cumin and honey. Mix in the chorizo. Fold in the potatoes and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and chill.
The potato salad will keep up to three days, chilled in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from my Mom’s classic potato salad
Chive Aioli recipe can be found here